Average stem length: Average minimum of twenty inches
- Protea are seasonally accessible from august through would possibly.
- Expected jar life may be a median minimum of six days with correct care and handling.
- Each stem choices one huge bloom.
- Protea are focal flowers and is completely bloomed able to use - there is not any special preparation required.
- Flower breadth is more or less four to 6 inches.
In the Garden - Dig a hole to twice the width of the pot, when planting ensure your protea is not planted any deeper than it was in the pot. Firm the soil around plant and if required support with the plant with a stake.
In pots – Use a container of at least double the size of original and keep it off the ground to assist with proper drainage. Your potting mix needs to be suitable for natives with a slow release fertiliser.
Tropical flowers are shipped directly from our farms to the doorstep. If your flowers seem asleep and thirsty once their long journey, this can be fully traditional. Follow these straightforward steps to make sure your flowers have the correct care.
When your boxes arrive, it's necessary that you simply get your flowers in water as quickly as potential. Open your boxes and take away any protecting packaging, like foam or paper.
- Gather buckets or containers to carry the flowers. Guarantee your buckets or containers are terribly clean. We tend to advocate rinse them with heat water to make sure your flowers keep as healthy as potential.
- Fill the containers with a minimum of four inches of contemporary, cool water. If flower food is accessible, follow the package directions for adding it to the water.
- Cut away any straps securing the flowers to the box and take away your flowers. Take away any rubber bands or plastic sleeves securing flower bunches along.
- You’ll conjointly need to trim additional of the foliage; the less foliage, the additional water gets the flower.
- Using sharp flower shears or scissors, cut stems diagonally underneath cool, running water.
Immediately once cutting the stem, place the flower within the ready water.
- Continue this method till all of your flowers are in water. Don’t overcrowd your containers.
Store your flowers inside. Optimum storage temperature for tropical flowers is between 55°f to 75°f. This can be important for tropical flowers. Don’t refrigerate your tropical flowers.
- Refrigeration can injury the blooms. Keep them off from direct daylight, drafts, and excessive heat in addition.
- Let your flowers hydrate before composition them. Permit flowers a minimum of four hours to hydrate, flowers could take up to twelve hours to properly hydrate. Sporadically check the water level. Tropical flowers drink a great deal of water after they initial arrive, therefore it probably ought to be refilled.
- Change the water for your flowers ever 24-48 hours to make sure they keep healthy and happy. Re-cut the stems once giving them water.
Compacta,Cynaroides (King), Lacticolor,Neriifolia – Cream, Neriifolia – Pink, Pink Ice, White Repens, Red Repens
Pets & Disease
Most local protea diseases are caused by fungi belonging to the Loculoascomycotina and Deuteromycotina. There are no records of any rusts, smuts, powdery mildews, downy mildews, or bacterial or viral diseases. Many leaf specks, leaf blotches and leaf spots reduce the value of cut flowers. Important leaf spot diseases are those caused by Mycosphaerella proteae on Protea neriifolia and Protea grandiceps, by Leptosphaeria protearum on Protea magnifica and by Batcheloromyces proteae on certain Protea cynaroides ecotypes. Canker, die-back, anthracnose and blighting of shoots and twigs are especially common in older plantations. Colletotrichum gloeosporioides is important on Protea compacta and other species, whereas a Drechslera sp. causes blighting of certain Leucospermum cordifolium cultivars. The role of Botryosphaeria spp.